Community groups can help foster changes in the local environment by reaching out to all members of the Hispanic community. Efforts to prevent the critical problem of obesity need to begin in early infancy and must be reinforced by the community that connects with Hispanic families on a daily basis. LINI has resources, like the Road to a Healthy Life, which offers easy tips and information the whole community can use.
- Encourage physical activity in your bible studies, classes, or group meetings. Take a walk to discuss what topics were addressed.
- Use online resources, such as MyPlate, at your next church gathering. You can find the link Here
- Exchange healthy Hispanic recipes at your next community center event.
- Host a weekly exercise group.
- Start a community garden as a learning opportunity for everyone.